Donnerstag, 23. Juli 2020

Lena Kiopak: Mindfulness

Lena Kiopak says about herself: "SecondLife is a beautiful, virtual world, but it is always fleeting. Places come and go...sometimes within the blink of an eye. I love to explore and discover new, exciting sims, and try to capture special moments before they eventually disappear. Some of these special moments are the perfect feeling for the MindScape project, such as Mindfulness. I have been enjoying SL for more than 8 years, but only recently started sharing my photographs. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do."
And her statement concerning her contribution for MindScape is: "Mindfulness means maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and surrounding environment, through a gentle, nurturing lens.
Mindfulness also involves acceptance, meaning that we pay attention to our thoughts and feelings without judging them—without believing, for instance, that there’s a “right” or “wrong” way to think or feel in a given moment. When we practice mindfulness, our thoughts tune into what we’re sensing in the present moment rather than rehashing the past or imagining the future.
SL is an amazing platform for mindfulness. Because there are no physical barriers to how we feel, behave, or act, we can be our true selves in SL and explore new feelings and emotions. My SL photographs are such examples, since they portray specific events and how I was interpreting my feelings at the time.
I hope you enjoy, and embrace your own mindfulness in your SL adventures."
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nice%20Atoll/85/186/1003 .


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.