Mittwoch, 15. Juli 2020

Fluer Heartsdale: Freeing The Brain To Explore

The artist Fluer Heartsdale Chun says about herself:
"My journey into art began many years ago as a child while watching my grandmother paint. I experimented with many different mediums before falling in love with photography. Photography allows me to capture the world as I see it and show it to other.  When looking around my eye is drawn to the hidden and often overlooked common objects that surround us. With the aid macro lens I am able to capture and bring to light that which is often overlooked. My current work involves close-up photography of frozen water (ice) which when viewed by the naked eye looks clear or perhaps cloudy but generally without any color. With my macro lens I am able to take close-up photos which show that there is much more to ice than is visible to the naked eye.  In the future I will collecting water from different sources to freeze and photograph, so that I may document any difference in how they freeze and photograph."
And this is her comment about her MIndScape-pictures: "When we look at "traditional" art the brain immediately classifies and categorizes the artwork we are viewing such as "landscape, pretty colors, lots of trees" or "flowers......pink roses, yellow tulips".  All of this is done in a blink of an eye, without any conscious thought on our part.  When we look at abstract art it doesn't instantly fit into a predefined category allowing our brain to explore and search.   We will start to see things in the artwork based on memories, favorite literature, or movies.  Abstract art encourages  the viewer to slow down and give our brains the freedom to explore the depths of our memories.  That freedom  to explore our brains allows each person to form their own personal connection with the art they are viewing."


  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nice%20Atoll/60/163/1003 .

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.