Samstag, 5. Juni 2021

Caro Fayray - Light in The Darkness

 


1. What was your first association, when you heard about the topic "Reconnaissance In Times Of Darkness"?

Answer 1: We are in the middle of Darkness right now, in so many ways. The planet. Humanity. Global warming. Greed. Inequalities. Suffering. So to me the topic was immediate and very broad.

2. Reconnaissance is exploration conducted to gain information with observation, surveillance and knowledge. How did you 'explore' the darkness.

Answer 2: I made lists and I researched articles and looked at images of different ways the problems could be addressed and outcomes reversed or improved.

3. How long did the process of creation last for this exhibition?

Answer 3: I was invited to join the team in January and the exhibition opened at the end of March, so 2 to 3 months. But I used and adapted stuff I had made before as well as creating new ones.

4. Which were the biggest obstacles?

Answer 4:  Mainly frustration at myself when I failed to make stuff work.

5. What are the most important techniques, that you use for virtual art? How did you use these to interpret the theme?

Answer 5: Textures, movement, immersion and interactivity along with prim torture are what i use.  For this display I used moving textures and particles to lead you through it. I like to use sounds as they are very underestimated, I think, in creating the immersion of the experience. I like art that is interactive as it makes you feel it. To me it seems kind of a waste of virtual to just stand and look.

6. What does it mean for you to create art in virtual worlds? Is it different from creating art in RL?

Answer 6: Creating in virtual worlds is my 'meditation', as my daughter calls  it. I am absorbed completely. I will have something in my head that I then try to make happen in virtual.  Not being bound by RL restrictions you can 'fly'. The only restrictions being your imagination and your ability to make it happen.

7. What are your former experiences with art in virtual worlds? Have you taken part in themed  group collaborative projects? Or is your art usually more singular?

Answer 7: My 'art' started out as explorations with torturing prims, textures and particles I had a few displays in small galleries around SL.  I discovered events and did displays for SLBs and Burn2 . Then moved on to opensim. I made OSgrid my home and did events in various  grids.  I enjoy the process of building to a theme and being part of a whole. I have a sim dedicated to art in OSgrid (mine and others).  Recently I took part in a Virtual/RL event for Dutch Design Week in SL and this one in OSgrid.

8. Which role does virtual art play in your country of origin according to your experiences?

Answer 8: During the last year 'virtual art' has become more mainstream. Galleries and  museums have, out of necessity, gained online virtual presence.

9. In which way was the creating of art helpful for you in the covid-crisis?

Answer 9: Once again I could enter 'my world' (as my 4 year old granddaughter calls it) and escape reality:)  Virtual also gave the interaction with others which was missing at this time.

10. Which topic would be interesting to you as an artistic challenge in the  future?

Answer 10: mmmm....this question is hard. Usually I get given a theme and then work to it. I really don't know. There are so many i would be happy to explore:)


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.