Samstag, 12. Juni 2021

Victoria Logan - Mental Health In Pandemic Times



1. What was your first association, when you heard about the topic "Reconnaissance In Times Of Darkness"?
Victoria: Associate the expression "recognition in times of darkness", with the situation we are experiencing, sadness, pain, anguish, fear and loneliness.

2. Reconnaissance is exploration conducted to gain information with observation, surveillance and knowledge. How did you 'explore' the darkness.
Explore the darkness, from my own experience, observing and analyzing the situation of ambiguity in people..

3 How long did the process of creation last for this exhibition?
The creation process was continuous and expressive, time stopping, when I reached the point of feeling that my work expressed my vision of the subject.

4. Which were the biggest obstacles?
There was no major obstacle, only the logical and normal in the implementation and organization of it.

5. What are the most important techniques, that you use for virtual art? How  did you use these to interpret the theme?
The techniques that I used to carry out my work were:
- Communication, playing with symmetry, simplicity and complexity of the human mind, balance and instability.
- Investigative and technological, research on the subject, resources and processes related to 3d and 2d software.

 
 
6. What does it mean for you to create art in virtual worlds? Is it different from creating art in RL?

Creating art in a virtual medium is very different for me than doing it in real life. Since in my personal case I would not have elements, materials that allow me to create 3d figures.
It could only take pictures.

7. What are your former experiences with art in virtual worlds? Have you taken part in themed  group collaborative projects? Or is your art usually more singular?
Participate in several collaborative projects, in several Grid, which allowed me to learn and grow in my work.

8. Which role does virtual art play in your country of origin according to your experiences?
In my country, virtual art constitutes a new field of artistic creation that is exploited by some associations, museums. Being a theme in continuous development and growth.

9. In which way was the creating of art helpful for you in the covid-crisis?
It helped me a lot since it allowed me to organize my vision on the subject, which I referred to in the exhibition.
As it also mobilized me in the face of the pandemic, taking me out of my passivity.

10. Which topic would be interesting to you as an artistic challenge in the  future?
It is impossible for me to think of a single issue, there are several important issues: gender violence, the climate emergency, world hunger, inequality, and love.                    



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.