Montag, 21. Juni 2021

Lalie Sorbet - Black Shadows On Diversity

 


What was your first association, when you heard about the topic "Reconnaissance In Times Of Darkness"?

Being a very positive person, I always want to explore the positive aspects even in very dark events. So I immediately sought to show beautiful things, certainly threatened but with the desire above all to show the beautiful and to call to protect this beautiful.

Reconnaissance is exploration conducted to gain information with observation, surveillance and knowledge. How did you 'explore' the darkness

In the same way as mentioned above : in the positive aspects.

How long did the process of creation last for this exhibition?

Difficult to say .. Like any creative process there is a more or less long maturation time more or less consciously, then suddenly something obvious appears and everything falls into place .. This last step can be very fast .
For this exhibition I followed that pattern.

Which were the biggest obstacles?

No big obstacles but small challenges like adapting to another virtual world like OSGrid and some technical questions.

What are the most important techniques, that you use for virtual art? How  did you use these to interpret the theme?

Being an RL and SL photographer my work comes down to images, I also draw, shoot my pictorial work and exhibit it in virtual worlds. In addition I use some softwares to rework my photos like Photoshop. For this exhibition, I simply rezzed photos that illustrated my point.


What does it mean for you to create art in virtual worlds? Is it different from creating art in RL?
Lalie Sorbet

Créer de l’art dans les mondes virtuels est pour moi une nouvelle plateforme d’expérimentation et donc une grande joie et une grande curiosité. Oui c’est très différent que dans RL pour des raisons de faisabilité et de la manière de voir les oeuvres. Dans kes mindes virtuels je peux exposer mon travail avec des formats immenses, et donc percevoir différemment mon travail. C’est très inspirant et nourrissant et se serait juste impossible dans RL. En tout dernier j’ai remarqué qu’il y avait une aller retour créatif entre RL et les mondes virtuels, l’un nourrissant l’autre et vice versa.


Creating art in virtual worlds is for me a new platform for experimentation and therefore great joy and curiosity and a way to find different paths of creation. Yes it is very different than in RL for reasons of feasibility and the way of seeing the works. In virtual worlds I can exhibit my work in huge formats, and therefore perceive my work differently. It's very inspiring and nourishing and just wouldn't be possible in RL. At the very last moment I noticed that there was a creative back and forth between RL and virtual worlds, feeding the other and vice versa.

What are your former experiences with art in virtual worlds? Have you taken part in themed  group collaborative projects? Or is your art usually more singular?

I've always wanted to share my photos through different exhibitions here in virtual worlds personal or collaborative.

Which role does virtual art play in your country of origin according to your experiences?

Virtual art brings many questions to a society undergoing complete transformation due to informatics. What will be the place of digital technology in the history of art? A medium or a way of representing the world as perspective did ... the questions remain unanswered.

In which way was the creating of art helpful for you in the covid-crisis?

Artistic creation is useful to me all the time… It's a way of seeing life differently, in a more lively, mysterious, interesting way. Of course during the COVID containment periods I had a lot more time and I took the opportunity to draw and therefore explore new paths.

Which topic would be interesting to you as an artistic challenge in the  future?

I do not know yet 🙂


 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.